Reports to: Recreation Manager/Supervisor
Job Description Status: Seasonal, F/T, Exempt
Date: May-August 2021 Wage: $18/hr
- Administers the lake safety plan in accordance with American Red Cross and County of San Bernardino safety standards.
- Assists in the proper operation of all waterpark and lakefront activities.
- Assists with the maintenance and placement of all First Aid and safety equipment.
- Oversees the safe conduct of lake guests.
- Assists in the daily operation of all lake equipment. This includes any opening and closing procedures.
- Responsible for the maintenance and cleanliness of the lake equipment, lake/boathouses, and areas
- surrounding the lake.
- Oversee the distribution of any rental equipment and life jackets
- Other duties as assigned.
Major Competency Areas
- Ability to accept guidance and supervision.
- Ability to lead.
- A pleasant personality (even in stressful situations) towards guests and staff.
- Integrity and adaptability.
- Food Handlers Certificate from San Bernardino County.
- Current Lifeguarding, CPR, AED/First Aid Certifications.
- A minimum of 16 years of age.
- Ability to accept supervision and to supervise others.
- Positive attitude toward guests and co-workers.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Agreement and compliance with the employee handbook.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to swim.
- Physical strength and endurance to maintain constant supervision of guests.
- Ability to carry out the essential functions of the job.